Zihuatanejo

"You remember the name of the town, don't you?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

Friday, October 06, 2006

No Spoiler Contained Within

I just got back from a viewing of The Departed. Great film. Fantastic performances all around, great plot, spectacular dialogue, etc... I highly recommend it. I only have two negative comments. First, the whole semiconductor heist was a little lame. They should have come up with a better crime than that. Second, you can't shoot Leo from the waist down in any film where he's supposed to be a bad ass. Dude's got chicken legs. It makes it hard to believe his skinny ass is capable of roughing anyone up.

My favorite thing about the movie not involving the plot was the personal jabs at the actors written into the dialogue. I picked up three, but there may be more. I'll have to watch it again to see if they took a shot at Nicholson.

When Wahlberg jabbed Dicaprio with, "What's the matter? Don't you know any fucking Shakespeare!?" I was the only one laughing in the theatre. I thought it was a rather obvious reference to Leo's horrendous Romeo and Juliet movie.

Later Alec Baldwin reacts to Wahlberg telling him that he'll "turn in his papers" by shouting, "We need plenty of bar tenders in this town too!" another fairly obvious funny aimed at Marky Mark's turn as bartender turned Philadelphia Eagle Vince Papale in Invincible.

Near the end of the movie Dicaprio calls Matt Damon a "two-faced faggot" which was either a clever reference to Matt's gay role in The Incredible Mr. Ripley or Scorsese is trying to tell us that Matt Damon is in fact a homosexual. I'm not sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home