Zihuatanejo

"You remember the name of the town, don't you?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

Friday, September 15, 2006

On The Road Again...

Tomorrow, err..later today I am embarking on a roadie with PZ and The General. we're heading to Diego to hook up with Bo and take in the Chargers v. Titans game. this evening PZ accompanied me to Roosters. It was his first time. We met my buddy Albie there around eleven. Here are a few highlights...
  • As we enter the house band is playing the theme from Dukes of Hazard. Absolutely perfect timing. To PZ's credit he correctly identified it as Merle Haggard.
  • One of Albie's coworkers is there with his wife and her friend. I introduce myself to the friend. we have this exchange...

Her: We've met before.

Me: Really?

Her: yeah, at this bar. You asked me to dance.

Me: (Getting embarrased) Yeah?

Her: Yeah, you were wearing that same Johnny Cash T-shirt.

PZ: (standing next to me) HAhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha!!!!!!

  • There was only one atractive woman that made eye contact with me tonight. At one point she was taking pictures with her digital camera as her friend was bent over being spanked with some cowboy's belt. PZ walked up to her and proceeded to inquire about her camera, "So, how many pixels does that thing have?"
  • There was a man that bared a remarkable resemblence to Hall of Fame closer Dennis Eckersley that was seen dancing with the cougar that I wrote about in an earlier post. This lead to inumerable jokes about "The Eck" and his closing skills and culminated in a drunken PZ boldly stating, "I'm gonna go ask him why he threw Gibson that slider."
  • PZ busted my chops after I (apparently) "big leagued" him by saying that I make a point of tipping the band every time I go there and then dropping $2 in the tip bucket on the stage. It seems that unless I am funding their next tour my observation that a lot of people dance the night away but never approach the tip bucket is just laughable. PZ spent the rest of the evening sporadically yelling, "I want my two dollars!"

2 Comments:

Blogger Luchy72 said...

"To PZ's credit he correctly identified it as Merle Haggard."

To YOUR DIScredit, "Good Ol' Boys" was written and recorded by Waylon Jennings, who also served as the narrator in the series.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Oooo diss!!! Thought you were the country music man? What happened to you out there!?

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home